PowWeb Forums - The Perfect Community for the Perfect Host  

Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.

Go Back   PowWeb Community Forums > Other Forums > Freelance Center > Looking for Work
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 1-30-12, 03:37 PM   #1
entrecon
Custom User Title

Fiverr Gigs

Have you heard of fiverr? It is a great little site where you can get all kinds of jobs done for just $5. I started out buying "gigs" there for little things and now I actgually offer gigs on there too.

I do some voice over work, but also create videos of your website. If you would like to have me review your website, or create a tutorial for your website or webappliction, definately check out my gigs:

Http://fiverr.com/entrecon

You can also check out samples of my work on Youtube:
http://youtube.com/fiverrentrecon

I also recently started offering a gig where I will create a video of your Android app. The videos can be used for any kind of promotion you want!
Old 1-31-12, 05:50 AM   #2
poddys

While it might be great, it's being abused unfortunately, with people offering to give a thumbs up to pages on Squidoo, to Digg all your articles, and to get you thousands of followers on Twitter etc.

I am getting a lot of new followers on Digg lately, mostly new accounts have presumably been created just to follow lots of others and to Digg their content, which is against TOS. You can see them with 50 followers and following 1,500!

Ditto on Squidoo, you can see spammy comments left by people who have obviously not read the content of a page, and their profiles usually have no detail, plus they have not created any content. Anyone who is found to having paid for traffic is getting their accounts deleted, as it's against TOS.

Just my 2cents on the site, but I agree in principle it's a good way to get things done, and there are always plenty of willing volunteers.
Old 1-31-12, 01:50 PM   #3
entrecon
Custom User Title

I agree that it is depends on your perspective. The whole link building, followers, like, etc. offers may or may not be ethical.

The type of things I have gotten on there is an intro to a podcast I am working on, some slogan ideas, some logos, a pencil sketch of me, and a custom bedtime story for my kids. the story was my favorite. the guy included the kids names in it along with our dogs name, the city we live in and where our cottage is. He even did a little research on the areas to incorporate into the story. To top it off, he reads it and sends you the MP3 file! Can't beat that for $5!
Old 2-5-12, 09:13 AM   #4
poddys

Sounds pretty good value.
Old 10-11-12, 07:00 PM   #5
joegalaxy
Registered

Hey there,

My experience with Fiverr has been great. I have used it for SEO stuff like link wheels and link pyramids..but also I have a few cool gigs there that I offer and they are services that I use for my own enterprise. I had to get rid of gigs that take too much time because after a few of them for only $5..I was exhausting my time. lol

I would share my fiverr profile but I don't want it to be like I'm placing an Ad. If someone could tell me how to create an edit my signature, but I am guessing it has not been enabled for my profile by the admin.

cool.

J.G.
Old 10-12-12, 12:48 AM   #6
snowmaker
target='_blank'

There is a minimum post count limit to be met before signatures are enabled/editable. While I am a moderator, I cannot edit ones profile. However if you made a post with any kind of fiverr link in your signature, I would edit that post to remove the link. Then I would PM you and ask you to remove it from your profile. If you made another post with the same or any other kind of fiverr link in your signature, I would edit the post again, and ban you. So do us both a favor please, don't put anything fiverrish in your profile. Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited by snowmaker; 10-13-12 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: added the signature part, for clarification
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: