PowWeb Forums - The Perfect Community for the Perfect Host  

Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.

Go Back   PowWeb Community Forums > The PowWeb Platform > Email
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4-7-12, 01:28 PM   #1
shanimal
Registered

Forward Email to a Script

I am looking to forward email messages going to a particular address to a php script for processing.

Similar to this...
http://kb.siteground.com/article/How...HP_script.html

There is no option for setting this up in mailcentral. All forwards are only allowed to go to a valid email address. But it cannot forward to a php script.

This is pretty important to me because I want to create a program that allows users to upload images from any device via email. SMS is the next challenge.
shanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-7-12, 11:29 PM   #2
Jim M
PowWeb Staff

Unfortunately, that's really outside the scope of our services - not something I've ever heard anyone request before! Our mail systems and website ones are really quite separate. I can't think of a way you can do it on our systems, as I doubt a script on the web side would even be able to connect to an email box, in order to check it for messages. Sorry!
Jim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-8-12, 12:05 AM   #3
rainbore
Rick

A script can connect with an Email system. That's why/how SquirrelMail works. It's just that the system shanimal referred to offers direct piping - a nifty feature, to be sure.

The scripts sites have lots of examples, or you can start with the PHP IMAP Manual. You'd still have to set up a CRON job to get it to run periodically, of course, since the incoming Email won't trigger the script here. I wrote a simple mail reader script in Perl about a decade ago, intending to use it for a similar purpose. But I've never written one in PHP and I don't know how difficult it would be to parse out the attachments. I'd expect one of the scripts available online would have an example, though.
Old 4-8-12, 10:40 AM   #4
snowmaker
target='_blank'

Here's a script written by a member, who is here no longer. It used to work here, but I don't know if it still does, with the change and all.
Read and auto-process mail