PowWeb Forums - The Perfect Community for the Perfect Host  

Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.

Go Back   PowWeb Community Forums > The PowWeb Platform > Email
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 9-20-04, 03:01 AM   #1
Darthjamo

Outlook 2003 Send Button Not Working

This has stumped even the mighty MS support people. This is what is going on.
I was having a problem with my outlook 2003 outlook, what is happening is that I am unable to reply or send a new message to anyone.
I push the NEW button, then the window pops up. I then compose my message, and make sure the address is correct. However, when I go and try to push the SEND button, the button turns the orange (hover) and then when I push the button it turns a darker shade of orange, but the message doesn't send, the button doesn't even work. It just changes color and depresses but it doesn't envoke the spell checker nor send the message. In order for me to actually get the message to send I have to X the newly composed message or the reply, it then asks me if i want to save it and i say yes, then i have to open up my drafts folder, look for the message and then reopen it and push the send. It then will open up the spell checker and send the message. This isn't an ISP problem, nor firewall or anyother sending problem, then the damn outlook 2003.
Has anyone a resolution for this pain in the neck way to send a message?

Old 9-20-04, 04:40 AM   #2
Winston

You may want to try reinstalling the program to see if it fixes the problem.
Old 9-20-04, 04:43 AM   #3
IanS
Former Spam Filter (EU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowin26
You may want to try reinstalling the program to see if it fixes the problem.
If a re-install over the top doesn't work, try doing a remove then a re-install.
Old 9-21-04, 04:43 AM   #4
Darthjamo

Tried a reinstall, repair/fix and also an uninstall, reinstall. Same issue.
I've even gone so far as to install a fresh copy of XP Pro.
It started to happen before I did a fresh install and I got so miffed that I formatted and reinstalled XP Pro again. It's so frusturating that MS support level 2 can't even find an answer. Hopefully you guys will!

Old 9-29-04, 07:22 AM   #5
olidaniel

Question Programs or computer?

Hi, my company recently started upgrading to XP pro and Office 2003. I and one other employee that were among the first to get the upgrade are having all kinds of Outlook related problems. Among them is the one you are having. Due to the reason that this is not happening to all users I'm wondering if certain hardware compilation or software is conflicting with the Outlook.
Both of us here have Dell precision 450 computers with Parhelia Matrox graphics card. The company is in the engineering business so we have AutoCAD programs, Macromedia, Photoshop CS and Microstation and more. If you see any similarities please let us know.

Old 10-25-04, 04:05 PM   #6
ViciousV

Quote:
Originally Posted by olidaniel
Hi, my company recently started upgrading to XP pro and Office 2003. I and one other employee that were among the first to get the upgrade are having all kinds of Outlook related problems. Among them is the one you are having. Due to the reason that this is not happening to all users I'm wondering if certain hardware compilation or software is conflicting with the Outlook.
Both of us here have Dell precision 450 computers with Parhelia Matrox graphics card. The company is in the engineering business so we have AutoCAD programs, Macromedia, Photoshop CS and Microstation and more. If you see any similarities please let us know.

I'm having the same problems. I'm running an HP Dual Xeon processor and I have a Parhelia Video Card along with Photoshop CS and other graphic programs. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. From the looks of it, it could be resulting from the graphics hardware and software that may be cuasing this problem. I recently had windows update my machine and I'm on SP3. Maybe this caused it becase this problem wasn't there before I updated. What service pack are you on?

Old 10-26-04, 04:59 AM   #7
olidaniel

I have SP2 at the moment but at one point (donīt remember exactly when and definetly not why) the problem seems to have become less frequent. For instance among the related problems was a dead word window opening on the side every time I ran windows. This problem has ended somhow. At least for now

Old 10-26-04, 01:40 PM   #8
spherrod

It does look like it's related to Parhelia drivers, I've had the same problem and it's been driving me nuts!

However, the following has solved it for me:

In the Powerdesk HF go to Desktop management, application specific settings, add microsoft outlook and remove the checkmark next to 'Automatically save/restore Window positions'

Next time you load up Outlook, the send button should work!

Here's more details - no fix as yet apart from the above

http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopi...t=outlook+2003

Closed Thread