PowWeb Forums - The Perfect Community for the Perfect Host  

Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.

Go Back   PowWeb Community Forums > Other Forums > Computer Help
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-6-07, 11:35 PM   #1
tmiayh
Registered

Digital camera memory stick

Hi!

I bought a sony cybershot digital camera. It came with a 2GB memory stick (Sony Pro Duo) and a card reader (Merkury).

I think first time I didn't have any problem downloading pictures from the camera to my computer. I just had to stick the memory stick to the adapter case that came with. Then stick it to my computer USB port, and I was able to move all my pics from camera to computer. Strangely, this time, I am not able to do the same.

When I stick the memory stick to my computer's usb port, it just shows a removable hardware added. When I right-click on the hardware icon, it says "Safely Remove Hardware". I don't seem to find out any software to download the pictures.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to download pics from my camera to computer? Please help, I need to send some urgent pictures to my son's teacher tonight. She said my son is the only child in her class who has not submitted family pictures yet!!!
Old 11-7-07, 12:51 AM   #2
Doc C
Just another mook

Reboot the PC with the reader attached to the USB port. That might fool the PC into thinking the device is already there.
Old 11-7-07, 01:24 AM   #3
Charon
Certifiable

Go to 'my computer' and select the device that indicates it is a removable storage device..... do not right-click on the hardware icon. you should be able to click on that device... likely indicated by a letter ... [on my laptop, the letter of that device is Drive G 'removable storage device'] ..... browse to the folder on that device that contains your pictures. Make a folder on your desktop and drag the images from the memory stick to that folder.
Old 11-7-07, 01:43 AM   #4
tmiayh
Registered

It is G drive on my computer. When I click on the drive, it says "Please insert Disk into Drive G". Do you think my memory stick is damaged?
Old 11-7-07, 01:51 AM   #5
tmiayh
Registered

I changed the adapter and now it works. So the adapter (that looks like a case for the memory stick) was broken. Luckily, I had another adapter that came with another memory stick. So I used it. Thank you for your help anyway! Great!
Old 11-7-07, 04:22 AM   #6
IanS
Former Spam Filter (EU)

Try taking out the stick and re-inserting it. Check you're placing it in the reader correctly and fully. You can do this with the computer switched on and the reader plugged in.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
Give it a go - ask here first!
Closed Thread